Saints Speak from Mrs. Marshall - 12/14/2023 - God's Forgiveness is Stronger than any Sin
This will be our last Saints Speak before Christmas. Please take note of the important dates listed below to make sure you don’t miss anything in these last few busy days of school before Christmas. We are excited for the days ahead as we continue our Advent preparations, and we wish you and your family a very merry Christmas!
Today’s message from Pope Francis is short and direct:
“God’s forgiveness is stronger than any sin.”
What powerful words Pope Francis shares with us today! Nothing we have said or done is beyond our Lord’s forgiveness. As we prepare for the celebration of Christmas, when God sent His only son to save us from our sins, let us remember this important message. Can we offer the same forgiveness to those who have wronged us?
Here’s our final reminder of the upcoming events and celebrations, with all your important “need to know” details!
- Tuesday, 12/19/23: Out of Uniform for the Class of 2025 Fundraiser. If your child did not purchase the out of uniform package he/she may bring in $10 to be out of uniform today or should come to school in uniform; no other OOU passes may be used.
- Wednesday, 12/20/23: Preschool Christmas Concert 8:30am in the gym. Parents and guests may enter at Door 1 starting at 8:15am. If you’re sticking around after dropping off your child, we kindly ask you to wait in your car until 8:15 to allow for a smooth arrival procedure for our students.
- Wednesday, 12/20/23: Kindergarten-5th grade Christmas Concert 6:00pm in the gym. Doors will open at 5:30pm; all students, parents, and guests should enter at Door 1, and students should be seated and ready to go by 5:45pm. Students should wear their Sunday best, and Christmas colors are encouraged. Please, no jeans or graphic tees. Kindergarten students will go to McSherry upon arrival; 1st-5th grade students should find their place in the bleachers in the gym. All students should leave their coats with their parents to help with a smooth dismissal at the end of the show.
- Thursday, 12/21/23: Since we don’t have a school Mass this week, we’ll begin the day with an Advent Prayer Service at 8:15am in the gym. Parents are welcome to join us! Class Christmas parties are then at 10am, followed by 11:30am dismissal for all students as we begin Christmas break. There will be no after care, no bus home, and no lunch on this day.
Lost and Found
Our Lost and Found table is growing once again! If you are missing any items, please check the table before leaving for Christmas break. Any items left behind will be donated at that time.
Parking Lot Reminders
We have had multiple parents reach out in the past week with parking lot-related safety concerns. As we get ready to enter the new year, please take a few minutes to review our arrival and dismissal map and procedures. Specifically please note the following, which have been brought to my attention recently:
- At arrival, please DO NOT block the east driveway waiting for Door 1 arrival to begin. This causes traffic to back up onto Aurora. Students may be dropped off at either door, and cars begin to unload at Door 7 at 7:35, ten minutes earlier than at Door 1.
- If you drop off at Door 1 in the morning, please use the EAST driveway to exit campus as well. The west exit is for cars that dropped off at Door 7 and are wrapping around the building.
- If you pull forward after dropping off your child and go around other cars that are still unloading, please use caution and observe the 5mph speed limit. Children may be unloading from both sides of the car.
- If you are coming from the neighborhoods south of school, please be very cautious if you are using one of the streets just across from school. Parents have shared concerns about cars cutting across all four lanes of traffic, cutting in front of cars waiting to turn left into our parking lot. The cars waiting to turn left have the right of way here. Please be mindful of all traffic so everyone can stay safe throughout arrival!
Congratulations to these students who earned Saintly Acts this week: Olivia D. (Kdg), George L. (Kdg), Rebekah P. (7th grade), Mikey P. (7th grade), Mia R. (Kdg), Jacob S. (Kdg), Morgan S. (7th grade), Matthew B. (6th grade), Nella M. (1st grade), Christian O. (7th grade), Ashton B. (4th grade), Andrew C. (5th grade), Luke V. (5th grade), and Arthur V. (1st grade). Keep being Saintly!
Did YOU know that All Saints is on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Check Us Out on Social Media, and please share the good news that is happening at All Saints.
We welcome all of our new and existing followers!!! Click on the icons below to take a look.
A Tremendous Thank You to the Cornerstone Sponsors of our 2023 Dinner Dance Auction (DDA): Great Gatsby Gala
We hope that you will support these generous benefactors of All Saints with your business. Please thank them, and let them know that you are an All Saints school family.