Saints Speak from Mrs. Marshall - 10/26/2023 - The Mercy and Tenderness of God
Take a few minutes today to reflect on these words from Pope Francis:
“We Christians are called to go out of ourselves to bring the mercy and tenderness of God to all.”
As I mentioned in the email earlier today about the All Saints Day of Giving, we are called to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ. May we remember this even in moments of anger and frustration and show others the same mercy, tenderness, and love that our Lord shows us.
All Saints Day
On Wednesday, November 1st, we celebrate our Feast Day – All Saints Day! Please join us for Mass at 8:15am as we gather in prayer, remembering the saints who have gone before us and led by their example of love.
All students should be in perfect uniform for Mass on Wednesday. Students may wear spirit wear on Friday, November 3rd, instead.
November 1st is also our 3rd Annual Day of Giving! On our Feast Day we celebrate all that makes ASCA special – the students, teachers, parents, alumni, and friends of All Saints who support our mission of creating saints and scholars. On this year’s Day of Giving, prayerfully consider making a contribution toward our $15,000 goal. Please revisit this morning’s email for information on the Day of Giving, or click here to contribute. Each gift matters. Thank you for your generosity!
The Day of Giving is one of several ASCA fundraisers that helps offset the cost to educate, keeping tuition affordable for families. Fundraisers at ASCA serve a variety of purposes, from supporting the operating budget to providing FFO opportunities to funding special projects. Each family has a Family Fundraising Obligation (FFO), but it is up to you which events you choose to participate in. We know each family's circumstances are different, and different projects are appealing to different families. We are grateful for all your support, in whatever capacity you are able!
Click here for a snapshot of ASCA’s revenue and how fundraising supports our operations. Click here for a calendar of typical annual fundraisers. Many of these fundraisers are dependent on our amazing parent volunteers, so events each year may vary slightly. Thank you to the Fundraising Committee for creating these communications to ensure transparency in our fundraising efforts. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you have about our fundraising efforts.
Door 1 Dismissal Safety
I know I’ve spent many recent communications reminding parents about arrival procedures. Thank you to all who have been following the procedures; when we all do our part arrival is smooth, efficient, and safe.
There have been some recent concerns brought to my attention about dismissal at Door 1; please review the procedures and expectations below. We will review these with all students as well to ensure that everyone understands the expectations. The safety of our students is our top priority.
- Students in Preschool-2nd grade dismiss at Door 1 at 3:25pm, with the goal that they can be matched to their parents before the older students dismiss. All Preschool-2nd grade students will stay on the top step outside of Door 1 until their parent or designated pickup person arrives.
- Students in ALL GRADES must be picked up from the coned area; students should not be walking to cars in the parking lot without a parent/guardian. Students may only be released to their parent/guardian or the person designated to pick them up from school that day (ex: nanny). For liability reasons we cannot release students to friends, neighbors, etc. unless they are the designated pickup person for that child.
- We are happy to see many of you staying after dismissal to visit with one another; it is in these moments that we grow as a school community. If you are visiting with other parents and your child is playing in the grassy area, please remind your child that he/she must stay in the grass and away from cars, buses, etc. Please ensure your children have parent supervision as they play, as there are still many vehicles moving throughout the parking lot.
- At 3:35, any students without a parent/guardian present will be brought to the welcome desk by the supervising teacher(s). At this time students may be sent to after care if they are enrolled, or families will start incurring the $1 per minute charge for late pickup. If you often run late at pickup, I highly encourage you to register for after care to avoid the late pickup fees. Late pickup fees begin at Door 7 when the car line ends (typically at 3:40pm).
Thank you for partnering with us to ensure the safety of each and every ASCA student!
Yesterday several 5th-8th grade students competed in the Benet Academy Scholastic Bowl. ASCA won 7 of the 14 possible awards! Congratulations to the following teams:
- 1st place 7th/8th grade science team: Aldo Bolanos, Chase Deckard, Liam Hruby, Alex Lam
- 1st place 5th/6th grade math team: Evan Bauer, James Budd, Zachary Wojtowicz
- 1st place 7th/8th grade math team: Aldo Bolanos, Chase Deckard, Liam Hruby, Alex Lam
- 2nd place overall 5th/6th grade team: Evan Bauer, James Budd, Zachary Wojtowicz
- 1st place overall 5th/6th grade team: Hasan Qadri, Eain Sawko, Brooks Waverley
- 3rd place overall 7th/8th grade team: Aubrey Chernick, Clare Hruby, Lucas Ling, Gavin Foley
- 1st place overall 7th/8th grade team: Aldo Bolanos, Chase Deckard, Liam Hruby, Alex Lam
We will recognize these students and their accomplishments at our school Mass tomorrow.
Two of our ASCA 8th grade students made the volleyball All Conference Team for our league, the TCC. Congratulations to Ty Hughes and Reagan Maurer! They will be awarded on Sunday at the championship games at St. Francis High School.
Good luck to our 7th grade girls and boys volleyball teams, who will be playing in the league championship games this weekend at 1:00pm (boys) and 3:30pm (girls) at St. Francis High School. Go Saints!
Open House & Discover Catholic Schools Week
November 12-18 is nationally recognized as Discover Catholic Schools Week! We invite prospective families to discover our school at our Open House on Wednesday, November 15th, from 5:30-7:30pm. If you have a friend, neighbor, or relative who is considering Catholic education, invite them to attend our Open House and discover why Catholic Education at All Saints may be the best choice for their family. Pre-registration is encouraged but walk-ins are always welcome. If you refer a family and they attend our Open House, you’ll be entered in a drawing to win $100 off your FFO this year! Additionally, if they decide to enroll at ASCA and list you as their referring family, you’ll be eligible for $250 off next year’s FFO as part of the new family referral program. Help us share the great things happening at All Saints!!
Look for more information in early November on re-enrollment for current ASCA students.
We've been blessed with surprisingly warm weather these last few days, but it looks like cooler temperatures are headed our way next week. Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for the weather each day as we look toward winter. Start checking that last year's winter coats still fit and finding those gloves and hats now before we really need them to ensure you're ready!
Congratulations to these students who earned Saintly Acts this week: Emily G. (Kdg), Kayden K. (7th grade), Siya V. (2nd grade), Bianca B. (7th grade), Mason E. (7th grade), Zachary M. (1st grade), Owen S. (5th grade), Genevieve S. (3rd grade), George K. (Kdg), Charlotte P. (1st grade), August W. (4th grade), Zachary L. (5th grade), Emily P. (5th grade), Jackson S. (5th grade), Julie Ann C. (2nd grade), Russell D. C. (2nd grade), Nathan E. (5th grade), Annet E. (2nd grade), Ozzy K. (1st grade), Frankie L. (3rd grade), Alexa L. (3rd grade), Riley M. (3rd grade), and Addison P. (3rd grade). Keep being Saintly!
I hope to see you at Trunk or Treat on Saturday!
Did YOU know that All Saints is on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Check Us Out on Social Media, and please share the good news that is happening at All Saints.
We welcome all of our new and existing followers!!! Click on the icons below to take a look.
A Tremendous Thank You to the Cornerstone Sponsors of our 2023 Dinner Dance Auction (DDA): Great Gatsby Gala
We hope that you will support these generous benefactors of All Saints with your business. Please thank them, and let them know that you are an All Saints school family.