Saints Speak from Mrs. Marshall - 11/2/2023 - Focus on What Brings Us Together
Take a few minutes today to reflect on these words from Pope Francis:
“The language of the Spirit, the language of the Gospel, is the language of communion that invites us to get the better of closedness and indifference, division and antagonism.”
Pope Francis is once again focusing his message on unity, calling us to look past the things that separate us and focus instead on what brings us together. We are all people of God, made in His image and likeness. May we remember this and try to see the Lord in each person around us.
Thank you, again, to all who joined us for our All Saints Day liturgy yesterday and all who contributed to our 3rd Annual Day of Giving! Together we raised over $11,500 for our amazing school. If you’d like to help bring us closer to our goal, you can still contribute by clicking here. We are humbled by the generosity of those who already contributed, including current and former parents, current and former faculty and staff, grandparents, and friends of All Saints. Each dollar raised supports our mission of creating saints and scholars in our young people!
Re-Enrollment for the 2024-2025 School Year
We are grateful that you have chosen All Saints for your child’s education and that you have entrusted your child to us. We are thankful for your partnership and hope we can continue to work together to educate your child(ren). We warmly invite all current ASCA families to return to for the 2024-2025 school year! Please see below for details regarding the re-enrollment process.
- If you would like to re-enroll your student(s) for the 2024-2025 school year, no further action is needed on your part. All students, with the exception of 8th graders preparing for graduation, will be automatically re-enrolled for the 2024-2025 school year unless we hear otherwise from you.
- If you have a current PS3 student returning for PK4, a Google form will be sent to you after Christmas to confirm which days your child will be attending for the 2024-2025 school year.
- If you have a child not currently enrolled at All Saints that you would like to enroll for the 2024-2025 school year, click here to complete the online application. Applications are being processed through our new FACTS Family Portal this year! The first step is the Application, and then you will receive an email and further instructions regarding your child’s enrollment (for new students only). Applications for siblings of current ASCA students must be submitted no later than Monday, December 11 to be given preference in enrollment. Please contact Patty Bajek or me with any questions throughout the process, as we know it is new and we are all learning as we go!
Please note the following regarding the re-enrollment fee and tuition pre-payment, consistent with past years:
- The re-enrollment fee is $250 per family and is non-refundable. The fee will be charged to your current FACTS agreement on Friday, January 12, 2024, and payable within 10 days of invoice. If the re-enrollment fee is not paid by the invoice due date, your student’s spot will be released and become available for a newly registered student.
- We will require a $250 non-refundable payment per family that will be credited to next year’s 2024-2025 tuition. This payment will be charged to your current FACTS agreement, and payable by Friday, April 12, 2024. Families who do not pay this amount that will be credited to 2024-2025 tuition will forfeit their student’s enrollment spot at that time.
- Families who would like to request a payment plan for these charges may contact the ASCA Business Office.
If you do not intend to return to ASCA for the 2024-2025 school year, please inform me in writing via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, December 8. You will be charged the $250 non-refundable re-enrollment fee if you do not notify us by December 8. If your child is graduating in May 2024, you do not have to notify us, and you will not be charged a re-enrollment fee.
If, after notifying the school that you do not intend to re-enroll, you wish to change your decision and re-enroll for the 2024-2025 school year after December 8, you will be accepted as space is available and the enrollment fee will be as follows:
- From December 9, 2023-January 26, 2024, the enrollment fee will be $275 per family
- From January 27, 2024-June 30, 2024, the enrollment fee will be $300 per family
- From July 1, 2024-July 31, 2024, the enrollment fee will be $325 per family
- From August 1, 2024 forward, the enrollment fee will be $350 per family
The ASCA Administration and Board of Directors makes every effort to be excellent stewards of the school’s resources, thoughtfully setting tuition and fee rates as well as policies that support our mission of providing academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment. Thank you for sharing your plans for the 2024-2025 school year with us in a timely fashion. Student enrollment informs our budget, staffing, and purchasing decisions as we plan for the upcoming school year.
If you have any questions about the enrollment process or would like to further discuss your plans for next year, please contact me (Margie Marshall – email@example.com) or Patty Bajek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
November Updates: Catholic Identity, Virtues, & SEL
We continue to use this wonderful new resource, www.catholicculture.org, for families to celebrate our Catholic Faith and recognize the cultures in our community and world. The month of November is dedicated to the Holy Souls in Purgatory whose feast is celebrated today, November 2. We also celebrate a number of saints this month. One way to celebrate this is through the food we eat. Here is another idea of a new recipe you can use.
Recipe of the Month: Hungarian Goulash The Hungarian version of pot roast, known as gulyas in Hungary, is a stew made with beef or other meat and vegetables and flavored with Hungarian paprika. This is offered in honor of all the saints who come from Hungary.
If cooking is not your area of interest, consider a family All Saints Day procession! You can include your children and wear saints costumes, have goodies and games such as bobbing for apples or snap apples (a variation), and playing “Who is my Saint?” together.
Our November virtue that we will be studying with our faith buddies is humility. Click here to learn more about what you can do at home to teach your children about humility in support of our discussions at school.
Our November social-emotional learning topic is mindfulness. Click here to learn more about mindfulness and how it helps our children learn and focus in the classroom.
You may now sign up for the winter session of Chess Scholars! Click here to register today.
Congratulations to these students who earned Saintly Acts this week: Owen S. (5th grade), Colton K. (Kdg), Luke V. (5th grade), Teddy E. (4th grade), Mark T. (5th grade), Charlotte W. (3rd grade), Emmy Z. (2nd grade), Noah D. (2nd grade), Jackson F. (5th grade), Charlotte H. (2nd grade), Noah H. (2nd grade), Safa Q. (2nd grade), and Avery S. (Kdg). Keep being Saintly!
Did YOU know that All Saints is on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Check Us Out on Social Media, and please share the good news that is happening at All Saints.
We welcome all of our new and existing followers!!! Click on the icons below to take a look.
A Tremendous Thank You to the Cornerstone Sponsors of our 2023 Dinner Dance Auction (DDA): Great Gatsby Gala
We hope that you will support these generous benefactors of All Saints with your business. Please thank them, and let them know that you are an All Saints school family.