Saints Speak - 5/25/2023 - Don't Let Negativity Overshadow the Good
Please take a few minutes to reflect on today’s quote from Pope Francis:
“Negative feelings choke the Lord’s word in us.”
I know for myself, even if I hear 10 positive things in a day, it’s often the one negative thing that I find myself thinking about that night. It seems to be in our nature as humans to dwell on the negative too much. Lucky for us, God looks past our own shortcomings and offers endless love and forgiveness. May we all strive to be more like our heavenly Father and not let our negative feelings overshadow all the good in our world and in our lives.
Tomorrow, the Class of 2023 will graduate from All Saints! We are proud of these students as they celebrate this special occasion. Thank you, parents of the Class of 2023, for your support of your children and our school throughout your time at ASCA. We look forward to celebrating with you tomorrow! To the rest of our ASCA family, please keep our graduates in your prayers tomorrow and as they begin the next chapter in their educational journey.
Tomorrow is also the last day of school for our preschool and kindergarten students. To our littlest saints, thank you for a great year! Have a safe, relaxing, and FUN summer, and we look forward to seeing you again in August!
Reminders for next week
Next week is the final week of school for our 1st-7th grade students! Below are some reminders for these last few days together before summer.
- There is no school Monday as we celebrate Memorial Day.
- Tuesday and Wednesday are “normal” days, but there is no bus to or from school and no hot lunch. Please make other transportation arrangements and remember to send your child to school with a lunch each day.
- Thursday is our Olympic-themed Field Day. Current weather forecasts show that it could be quite warm, so please plan accordingly. You child may be out of uniform but should wear gym shoes and their class color (click here for list). ASPA is providing pizza lunch for all students, so you do not need to bring a lunch today. Students should bring a towel (to sit on for lunch, which will be outside) and a water bottle; hats and sunscreen are encouraged as well!
- Friday is our final day of school together this year. We will celebrate Mass at 8:15am (parents are welcome to join us for Mass) and then students will receive their report cards and dismiss at 9:30. There is no after care today. Today is a dress UP day so students may wear nice clothes in place of their school uniform.
Thank you from Waterleaf
Thank you to all who contributed to our virtual baby bottle collection for Waterleaf these past few weeks. Your generosity will directly support new moms in need. Click here for a thank you from Waterleaf.
Last weekend, our track team competed in the championship meet at North Central College. The students did great overall, tying St. Michael for 1st place! Varsity Boys earned 1st place, Varsity Girls earned 4th place, and JV Boys earned 4th place. Way to go, Saints! Congratulations as well so several students who placed in the top 3 in their events:
- Zac Wojtowicz – 3rd place 800 meter medley
- Cavan McGovern – 3rd place open 600 meter run
- Ashley Shiffer – 2nd place shot put, 3rd place high jump
- Glenn Hansen – 2nd place 200 meter dash, 2nd place long jump, 2nd place 4 by 100 meter relay major, 2nd place 4 by 400 meter relay
- Liam Finn Connell – 2nd place 4 by 100 meter relay major
- Alberto Sabogal – 2nd place 4 by 100 meter relay minor, 2nd place 4 by 200 meter relay
- Alex Snyder – 2nd place 4 by 100 meter relay major, 2nd place 4 by 400 meter relay
- Josie Cadden – 1st place 100 meter dash, 2nd place 4 by 100 meter dash major
- Addison Eck – 2nd place 4 by 100 meter relay minor
- Katie Deckard – 2nd place 4 by 100 meter relay minor
- Kasey Glynn – 2nd place 4 by 100 meter relay minor
Congratulations to the students who earned Saintly Acts this week: Kellan M. (7th grade), Finn M. (3rd grade), Charlie S. (Kdg), Rhys N. (5th grade), Cameron A. (5th grade), Charlotte M. (Kdg), Sam K. (1st grade), Arabella K. (4th grade), Caroline M. (1st grade), Mia M. (1st grade), Nolan W. (5th grade), Nico M. (4th grade), Leo K. (4th grade), Owen S. (4th grade), and Sebastian M. (4th grade). Keep being saintly!
Did YOU know that All Saints is on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Check Us Out on Social Media, and please share the good news that is happening at All Saints.
We welcome all of our new followers!!! Click on the icons below to take a look.
A Tremendous Thank You to the Cornerstone Sponsors of our 2023 Dinner Dance Auction (DDA): Great Gatsby Gala
We hope that you will support these generous benefactors of All Saints with your business. Please thank them, and let them know that you are an All Saints school family.