Saints Speak from Mrs. Marshall - 1/20/2022 - Catholic Schools Week (and Open House)
2nd quarter report cards will be going home tomorrow. The report card is yours to keep; please sign and return the envelope to your child’s homeroom teacher on Monday. Take a few minutes over the weekend to review the report card with your child. This is an opportunity to celebrate successes, highlight improvements from 1st quarter to 2nd quarter, and set goals for the 3rd quarter. In our morning announcements earlier this week I reminded students that they start each quarter with a clean slate. Now is a great time to set goals for the second half of the school year and refocus on good study and work habits.
There is only one week to go until Catholic Schools Week! We will be promoting our upcoming Open House at each of our parishes (St. Elizabeth Seton, St. Thomas the Apostle, St. Margaret Mary, Our Lady of Mercy, and Holy Spirit) this weekend. When you attend mass this Sunday (or Saturday evening), please wear your ASCA spirit wear and show your Saints pride!If you have a friend, relative, or neighbor with a child entering 3-year-old preschool through 8th grade, encourage them to attend the Open House and learn more about All Saints! They can visit our website to sign up for a personalized tour. There’s also still time to share our Open House ad on social media or refer someone to the Open House and earn a special Out of Uniform pass for your child(ren). Thank you for helping our school community grow!
Our faculty and staff, with the help of ASPA, have planned an exciting Catholic Schools Week for your children! We are looking forward to special out of uniform days, celebrations, and giveaways. Click here for the detailed calendar. Print it for your fridge so you know what to wear and what to expect each day!
Next Thursday, January 27th, is our 7th grade Science Fair! Thank you to the many parents and community members who have volunteered to serve as judges throughout the afternoon. If you are not a judge and would like to see the projects, they will be on display in the gym Thursday after school until 4:30pm.
The deadline for DDA Saintly Spots, donations, and sponsorships has been extended to next Friday, January 28 , so you have one more week to participate! Are you wondering how you can support this event?
- Do you know someone who owns a small business, or are you a frequent customer at a local shop or restaurant? Ask them to consider a sponsorship!
- Do you have an 8th grader graduating from ASCA this year, a child making their First Communion, an ASCA athlete, or another special event worthy of recognition? Purchase a Saintly Spot! Saintly Spots are included in the DDA program and are the perfect way to recognize your Saint and commemorate a special event in your child’s life.
- Do you have a vacation home, concert tickets, travel vouchers, restaurant gift cards, or any other items that would be great for the live or silent auction? Consider making a donation!
Click here for the forms for donations, sponsorships, and Saintly Acts. Questions? Email email@example.com for more information.
If you’re a frequent online shopper like I am, I have an exciting opportunity for you! You can now support All Saints with your Amazon purchases!! When you use Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase back to All Saints! It’s easy to participate:
- Go to smile.amazon.com
- Log in with your existing Amazon account
- Search for “All Saints Catholic Academy” and select the option for Joliet, IL – this is us! Our Tax ID is tied to the Diocese of Joliet, which is why it shows up this way.
- Start shopping! Each time you need something from Amazon, just remember to begin your shopping at smile.amazon.com to guarantee that our school benefits from your purchase.
Lastly, I’d like to recognize the students who earned Saintly Acts this week: Aedan C. (1st grade), Ella H. (1st grade), Avery B. (1st grade), Alexa L. (1st grade), Rebecca N. (7th grade), Morgan G. (8th grade), Paige M. (8th grade), Victoria K. (8th grade), Abigail T. (8th grade), Kayden K. (5th grade), Danny C. (6th grade), Amelia N. (1st grade), Sloan H. (1st grade), and Ashton B. (2nd grade). Keep being Saintly!
Did YOU know that All Saints is on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Check Us Out on Social Media, and please share the good news that is happening at All Saints.
We welcome all of our new followers!!! Click on the icons below to take a look.
A Tremendous Thank You to the Cornerstone Sponsors of our
2021 Saints Strong Virtual Celebration
Thank You to our Cornerstone Sponsors
We hope that you will support these generous benefactors of All Saints with your business. Please thank them, and let them know that you are an
All Saints school family.