Welcome to All Saints Catholic Academy (ASCA). The purpose of this letter is to inform you of the health examination and immunization requirements in Illinois and the policy of our school. ASCA will follow the mandates of the Illinois Department of Public Health with regards to required immunization of our students.
Students will NOT be able to attend school after October 15, 2020 until ALL required information is received.
- Preschool, Kindergarten, 6th grade and new students to the school are required to submit (within one year of August 19, 2020) physical examination completed on the State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health form to the nurse no later than October 15, 2020.
- The health history portion of the examination form (yes/no questions on the back) is required to be completed and signed by the parent for the physical to be valid.
- Only faxed, mailed or hand delivered physical examination forms will be accepted. You can send them in to ASCA at any time since the school will have summer hours.
- Out-of-state physical examinations written on approved forms, which meet current State of Illinois requirements, are acceptable if they are less than one year old. An out-of-state student may, at the time of registration, provide an appointment card showing these requirements will be completed within 30 days. At the end of thirty- day period, if the completed forms have not been presented to health services, the student will be excluded from school.
- The immunization section of the physical exam must include month/day/year of each immunization.
- The immunization section of the physical exam is required to be signed by a health care provider.
- A computer-generated list of immunizations requires a health care provider signature.
- All students entering 6th grade are required to have received (1) Tdap and (1) meningitis (after 11th birthday) immunizations.
- A vision exam is required of all students entering Kindergarten, completed on the State of Illinois Eye Examination Report form by a physician who performs eye exams, or an optometrist dated within one year of the first day of school.
- All students entering kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grade are required to present proof of an oral health examination on Illinois Dental Form competed by a licensed dentist. This form will be due prior to May 15, of that academic year.
Any student participating in intramural sports must turn in an IHSA sports physical form prior to the first practice. A sports physical MAY NOT be used as the required school physical. However, a physical exam competed on the Certificate of Child Health Exam form may be used as a sports physical.
- Parents who are requesting a religious exemption to immunizations or examinations must complete the Illinois Certificate of Religious Exemption Form.
- The health care provider, responsible for performing the child’s examination must sign the form.
Statements from physicians, indicating an immunization is medically contraindicated and predisposes the student to a potential health risk if vaccinated, should be attached to the physical form.